UPass Fee Assessment Information
Students on work-terms outside of the Edmonton metropolitan transit service area may apply to opt-out of the U-Pass Fee.
To be eligible opt-out of the U-Pass, one of the following conditions must be met:
- The student is working outside the serviceable transit area of: Edmonton; Strathcona County; St. Albert; Leduc; Fort Saskatchewan; and Spruce Grove; OR
- The employer has an office address in one of the serviceable transit areas, but the student does not frequently work at this site.
Once your form is submitted, the Engineering Co-op Office will confirm the accuracy of the information provided. The Fees Division of the Registrar’s Office will also verify the information before removing the fee.
- U-Pass Fees cannot be removed if the student is also registered in an on-campus academic course
- Students that have already picked up their U-Pass for the term cannot be exempted from the U-Pass fee
- The U-Pass fee will not be removed until after the ADD/DROP Deadline for the term.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Co-op Department should they wish to opt out of the U-Pass. Students who do not complete this form will pay the U-Pass fee.
For more information, including the complete U-Pass Terms and Conditions, please visit https://www.ualberta.ca/upass.
To apply, please click on the appropriate link below to complete and submit the exemption form. You should receive confirmation of your submission.
Winter 2017 U-Pass Exemption Form
Summer 2017 U-Pass Exemption Form (Available mid-April)